COVID-19 Information and Procedures
Updated May 1st, 2020
Manhattan Eye Care, LLC is excited to be seeing patients again in a limited capacity beginning Monday, May 4th.
Drs. Hake, Kennedy, and Kennedy along with the staff at Manhattan Eye Care have made some changes to our daily process to ensure the health and safety of our staff and patients:
- Our patient schedule and the number of patients allowed in the office will be reduced in order to promote social distance. We apologize in advance if your wait is a bit longer.
- Our lobby is currently closed and the front door will remain locked for the time being. When you arrive, please stay in your vehicle and call 785-537-2420. A staff member will open the door to allow you into the building when it is time for your appointment.
- All patients should bring a mask or face covering and will be required to wear it while in the office.
- Our staff members will be sanitizing the clinic in between patients, wearing masks, and practicing social distancing. Staff will practice copious handwashing.
- One of our staff members will escort you into the office and directly to the exam room. You will be asked screening questions. We have hand sanitizer available for you and request you use it prior to the exam.
- Only those with scheduled appointments will be allowed into the office unless the patient is a minor or requires a caregiver, in which case one additional visitor may attend the exam.
- If you wish to look at eyeglasses please let reception know when you call the office. These appointments will be scheduled in 30 minute increments. We request that only the customer purchasing the eyeglasses come in to look as we are limiting the numbers on the optical side.
- Our staff will be cleaning and disinfecting all frames in addition to all surfaces in between optical appointments.
- Curbside pickup will continue to be available for all eyewear including glasses and contact lenses.
- Curbside glasses adjustments are available. Please call 785-537-2420 to schedule.
- Home shipments are available for contact lenses orders. Call our office at 785-537-2420 to order your contact lenses, pay for the order, and we will ship the order from the manufacturer.